A 2005 law school graduate, Ms. Toledo advises clients in numerous legal matters, including:
- Negotiating construction contracts and providing general facility/construction advice
- Serving as bond counsel for general obligation bonds, certificates of participation and other public finance transactions
- General corporate and tax advice
- Planning and consulting services concerning day-to-day business operations, compliance and updating and maintenance of business records
- Drafting and researching business documents including licensing and nondisclosure agreements
- General research on trademarks and other intellectual property matters
- Matters specific to nonprofits, including the formation of nonprofit organizations; obtaining, and maintaining tax-exempt status; and IRS and FTB filing requirements
Ms. Toledo has worked as a debt collection defense clinic attorney volunteer for the Voluntary Legal Services Program, where she advised clients on consumer rights and bankruptcy matters.
During law school, she served as a judicial extern for the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in the Office of Staff Attorneys, where she prepared memoranda on matters such as tax, bankruptcy, employment discrimination, immigration and civil rights. She also was a small business clinic law clerk for the Katharine and George Alexander Community Law Center where she provided advice to low-income clients aspiring to start their own businesses on numerous matters including fictitious business names, city tax licenses, regulatory licenses and permits, zoning laws, and taxation.